Alzheimer's And Related Dementia
Alzheimer’s disease is the most common cause of dementia in older adults. It is a progressive brain disorder that slowly destroys memory and thinking skills.
Students will learn proper handling techniques and be proficient in caring for clients.
• Identify characteristics of Alzheimer’s disease.
• Identify treatment options for Alzheimer’s disease.
• List risk factors and possible preventive measures for Alzheimer’s disease.
• Identify the signs, symptoms, and diagnostic steps for the disease.
• Discuss available pharmacologic and medical therapies.
• Summarize strategies in the rehabilitation and care of persons with Alzheimer’s disease.
• Identify interventions in managing problem behaviors.
• Describe effective support for families and caregivers.
• Discuss ethical, legal, and end-of-life considerations
• Identify ways to communicate with individuals diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease.
This course is for anyone that has an interest in working at a facility as a healthcare professional.
This course is ideal for CNAs, HHAs, MAs, PCTs, and CBHTs.
Yes, As soon as you pass our online Ceu training class, you can print this certificate.
Mon-Wed.10 am- 7 pm
Thurs. - Fri. 10 am – 4 pm
Each state recognizes and accepts continuing education approval from the Florida Board of Nursing. The Florida Board approves this continuing education for healthcare providers.
Completing this course fulfills (4) CEU hours of general annual mandatory training for healthcare providers. Keep this certificate in your records for four (4) years.
Increase Your earning possibilities!