A special emphasis will be placed upon teaching participants the skills needed to work in the restorative or rehab nursing program at nursing home facilities.
The Career Training Restorative Aide course provides healthcare professionals in nursing homes, assisted living centers, intermediate care facilities for the mentally disabled, schools, childcare settings, or patient homes. A Restorative Aide is trained to work under the direct supervision of a competent caretaker or licensed health care professional. Restorative Aides provide interventions that promote the resident’s ability to live as independently and safely as possible.
A Restorative Aide functions in an expanded role for the nurse aide. They perform duties to help residents’ function as normally as possible. These duties go beyond rehabilitation; they are a process of treatments or approaches to restore and maintain the highest level of functioning a resident can possess
This was a great, effective course! It was easy to navigate & the curriculum was efficient.
This was a great, effective course! It was easy to navigate & the curriculum was efficient.Read Less
This course was amazing. Very informational and detailed loved it!
This course was amazing. Very informational and detailed loved it!Read Less
To be successful, you must have a foundational understanding of restorative nursing care. In this course, you will learn about restorative nursing as the foundation of resident care.
- Role of rehabilitation services in the skilled nursing setting.
- Effects of aging, inactivity, and disability.
- Basic anatomy and how the body moves.
- Medical problems that will interfere with functional independence.
- How to help residents in ways that will promote independence.
- Correct posture and body mechanics when mobilizing patients.
- What to look for when helping someone walk.
- Proper positioning seating, ROM exercises & gait assistance.
- Common equipment used in rehabilitation.
- Basic balance responses and activities to improve balance.
- Proper documentation.
- Ways to interact with residents.
- ADL skills.
What will I learn?
This course aims to provide you with comprehensive information on restorative aide and related topics.
Upon completing the course, the student will be able to
1. Rehabilitation and restorative care
2. Effects of aging
3. Basic anatomy review
4. Resident transfers
7. Types of exercise
8. Equipment available to the Restorative Aide
9. Diseases that affect mobility
Who is the course for?
Our audience can be anyone interested in the topic or anyone who needs the information for professional, personal, or other reasons.
How long to I have to complete the course?
The student will have 90 days to complete the course.
Will I receive a certificate?
Yes, As soon as you pass our online training class, you can print your certificate.
How do I contact the school?
Mon-Wed 10 am- 7 pm
Thurs. - Fri. 10 am – 4 pm
A minimum of 32 hours participating in the Restorative Aide online course is required.
Completion of course assignments and participation in online discussions is required.
An average grade of 75% or higher on all assignments, discussions, and course tests is required for passing.
Review each Module
Watch the Video in each Module
Pass the Quizzes in the Modules
Pass the Final Exam
Download and Print Your Certificate